- The Christchurch Medicines Information Service (formerly Drug Information Service) is part of the Clinical Pharmacology department at Canterbury District Health Board.
- We provide health professionals in community or hospital with an independent source of information to promote safe, rational, efficacious and economic use of medicines.
- Most queries can be answered immediately over the phone. A written answer can be provided if preferred.
- Our staff consist of 3 FTE pharmacists, a medical registrar and 3 clinical pharmacologists.
- Phone: (03) 364-0900 or 0800-378-446 (0800-DRUGINFO)
- Post: Clinical Pharmacology Department, Christchurch Hospital, Private Bag 4710, Christchurch 8140
- ERMS referal: png ERMS: Pharmacology → Medicines Information Service Referral
- Hours: 8:00 am and 4:30 pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
Note phone enquiries are preferable to allow for discussion and a quick response.